Research Request Forms

Archdiocesan baptismal and marriage records prior to the year 1917 are available through FindMyPast. All records after 1917 must be obtained from the individual parishes including those in the city of Philadelphia and the surrounding counties of Bucks, Chester, Delaware, and Montgomery.

CHRC has the admission records for three boys’ orphanages: St. John’s Orphan Asylum, St. Joseph’s House for Homeless Boys, St. Francis’ Industrial School in Eddington as well as St Vincent’s Tacony, which housed both boys and girls. We will  conduct research for these records.

CHRC has some school records, report cards mostly, for three parochial schools: St. Teresa of Avila, St. Peter Claver, and St. Philip Neri. We also have records for schools administered by the Sisters of the Blessed Sacrament. Please contact CHRC staff  for more information.

CHRC does not hold the following records: death, burial, funeral, confirmation, and communion. There are two exceptions. CHRC does have some death records for Old St. Mary and Holy Trinity.

Researchers interested in orphanage records for genealogical purposes should fill out a request form, indicating an approximate date for the child’s admission. CHRC will also search for baptismal and marriage records prior to 1917.

Complete the Record Request Form (either electronic, see below, or hard copy) and return with your payment of a $10 check to CHRC.

Church requirement request are for those needing to track down their own record for church related event, example: needing a baptismal record for a marriage (Should be noted that we do not certify the records nor do we have the originals, those would be held by the parish)



Catholic Historical Research Center | 6740 Roosevelt Blvd | Philadelphia, PA 19149