Monsignor Francis X. Meehan was a priest of the Archdiocese of Philadelphia. Before entering Saint Charles Borromeo Seminary, he was a graduate of Our Lady of Lourdes parochial school and Saint Joseph’s Preparatory School. He was ordained by the Most Reverend Martin J. O'Connor on December 20, 1961, at Saint
On September 29, 1971, His Eminence, John Cardinal Krol officially established the Committee on Research and Development of the Urban Ministry, or CORDUM, of the Archdiocese of Philadelphia. He selected Bishop Martin N. Lohmuller, the Vicar General, as Chairman of the new committee. This Committee was established to study and
Old St. Mary’s traces its history to 1763, when a second church was needed for the growing number of Catholics in the city. Built on land originally bought to serve as a cemetery for Old St. Joseph’s, Old St. Mary’s was referred to as “Mission Number 1” as St.
Dr. Peter LaManna was born in Reading, PA on August 15, 1930. He became one of the youngest church organists in Reading when he accepted the position of organist at Saint Anthony’s Lithuanian Catholic Church at age 16. Years later, in 1964, he became director of the Reading Choral Society,