In the fall of 1956, the Archdiocese of Philadelphia, along with the Dioceses of Wilmington and Camden, hosted the largest exhibit of Catholic Missions in United States history. The purpose was to acquaint the public with the world wide work of the Catholic Church and promote the various apostolic services. Hosted in Convention Hall, over 400 exhibits from 170 mission societies would be on display for the public over the course of a week. The week would open with a Pontifical Mass on October 7th, attended by cardinals and bishops from around the world, including Bishop Cuthbert M. O’Gara, O.P. of Yuanling, China, and Bishop Joseph O. Bowers of Accra, Gold Coast. 12,000 religious and lay people would pack the Hall to attend the afternoon Mass.